Cirneco Puppies, Breed Information & Breeders
How to Determine if a Cirneco dell’Etna is Right for You
Since its inception in 1997, the Cirneco dell’Etna Club of America has shepherded the development of the Cirneco in the USA. Our commitment to preserving the standard and quality as evolved in Sicily over centuries brings us to emphasize the well-being of the breed by protecting its health and safety.
As you search the internet and other resources for information about the Cirneco, remember that simply having a quality website does not reflect upon the quality of the breeding program. We recommend that you thoroughly research the breed and breeder.
Learning about a rare breed such as the Cirneco dell’Etna requires time. It is important to gather information from a variety of sources including web research AND conversations with breeders and owners. Whether you decide on a mature Cirneco or a Cirneco puppy, you will be rewarded with a lifelong partnership.
Cirneco puppies may not always be available. Please contact one of our recognized breeders listed below.
Responsible breeders may not have Cirneco puppies available at all times since they carefully plan their breeding and timing of litters.
Do Your Research:
Learn about ALL of the characteristics of the breed before determining whether it is a good match for you, your family and your current circumstances. Here are a few suggestions:
- Ask a lot of questions about the breed and what it is like to have them as a pet. They are a wonderful, loving breed but they do require your attention. Write your questions down in advance of your research. Also, have a list of what you want in a pet. Include what you can and are willing to provide for your new family member (i.e. fenced in yard, exercise).
- Spend time on the CdECA website, reading through all sections to understand more about the breed and the resources available.
- Talk with other Cirneco owners in addition to the breeders to have a full perspective.
- Attend dog shows, lure coursing, agility, obedience or hunting trials where Cirnechi may be participating. Visit with any breeders who might be available to talk with you. These may be stressful events for exhibitors and breeders, so they might not have the time to visit with you at the event. Exchange contact information so you can connect at a later time. When you connect, be prepared with your questions and also share information about your current situation and dog ownership experiences. The more you both know, the better the decision for you and your new potential family member.
- Attend AKC Meet the Breed events at which Cirnechi are going to participate, and spend time talking with those at the Cirneco exhibit. Exchange contact information with the exhibitors, CdECA members, and breeders who are participating to get additional information as you continue your research.
- Making the commitment to bring any dog of any breed into your home and family is an enormous step. It is is important to fully research up front the many aspects relating to responsible Cirnechi pet ownership. CdECA is an invaluable resource to assist you at every step and we welcome the opportunity to help you.
For more information, contact us today